- Thursday Dec 12, 2013 to Sunday Dec 22, 2013December 20138:00pm to 3:00pmThursday Dec 12, 2013 to Sunday Dec 22, 2013December 2013WILLY WONKASHOW 8:00pm to 3:00pm
A famous Candy Man and a poor boy will change each other’s lives in this is high-flying musical adaptation of Roald Dahl’s classic, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. In his quest to find an heir, the enigmatic candy manufacturer Willy Wonka stages a contest. The children who win get to tour the factory, and, unbeknownst to them, one will inherit it. Lessons of loyalty, honesty, humility and the strength of family are swept up in a wonderful score featuring songs from the classic film such as “The Candy Man” and “Pure Imagination.” Willy Wonka is the perfect holiday gift for the entire family.
- Monday Dec 16, 2013 to Wednesday Dec 18, 2013December 20137:30pm
- Monday Dec 23, 2013December 20137:30pm
- Saturday Dec 28, 2013 to Saturday Jan 11, 2014December 2013 to January 20148:00pmSaturday Dec 28, 2013 to Saturday Jan 11, 2014December 2013 to January 2014CabaretSHOW 8:00pm
Cabaret is a musical based on the Christopher Isherwood novella 'Goodbye to Berlin', and the Druten play 'I am a Camera'. The show is set in a nightclub in 1930s Berlin just as the Nazi party begin to rise to power. Featuring music by John Kander and lyrics by Fred Ebb.
- Tuesday Dec 31, 2013December 20137:00pmTuesday Dec 31, 2013December 2013NEW YEARS EVE GALASHOW 7:00pm
Co-presented with City Stage
December 31 at event begins at 7pm curtain at 8:30pm
The best New Year’s Celebration in Wilmington. Evening includes dinner, dessert, drinks champagne toast and a sensational live performance of the Broadway musical Cabaret by City Stage, one of Wilmington’s most respected community theatre ensembles. Bring your friends for an entertaining night of revelry in the theatre, ring in 2014, and come hear music play!
- Thursday Jan 2, 2014January 20147:30pmThursday Jan 2, 2014January 2014Merchant of VeniceSHOW 7:30pm
This 2004 "The Merchant of Venice", directed by Michael Redford who presents a empathetic portrayal of Shylock (in his director's belief that he was Shakespeare's first tragic hero) played by screen legend Al Pacino and also features Jeremy Irons. This is perhaps the most sumptuous cinematic adaptation of any of the Bard's plays to date and set in the city for which it is named. "A vivid engrossing and defensible Shakespeare adaptation, a period piece that truly has a feel for a time long past--and a place and attitude that are not"
THALIAN HALL CENTER BOX OFFICE
Monday - Saturday: 2 PM until 6 PM or until curtain on performance nights.
Sunday: When there is a scheduled performance, open two hours prior to curtain.